Interesting facts about MMA
Greek, the Brazilian and Japanese culture of defense fighting came together we got the fantastic art of MMA fighting. It is the type of fighting that is not harmful like street fighting but played with various rules and regulations, and it is fought to learn discipline. Yes, on some occasions it did get a bit messy, but this does not change the fact that it is very safe fight regarded. Speaking of facts, there are a few facts about MMA and the organization of UFC that handles all these fights that you wouldn’t want to miss on and we have mentioned them down below for you.
1. When it comes to American MMA fighters not many of them are there, but Matt Serra is the first American black belter who studied Brazilian jiu-jitsu in 1900’s
2. UFC has had many unique encounters, one of them was at UFC 28 when the one and the only super heavyweight bout was staged in November 2000 between Josh Barnett and Gan McGee, Barnett won this match.
3. Jeff Monson, one of the favorites for many MMA lovers, has a degree in psychology, and yes he looks tough and all built up but guess what he was the family and children’s counselor.
4. Stipe Miocic was a standout baseball player who also got plenty of offers from MLB teams, but he pursued his career in MMA.
5. Many of the MMA fighters though handsome and cute, sometimes are soft-hearted and kind, we give you the example of invincible “ Big Nog” who was run over by a truck when he was 11 years old, and that left a dent in his back, but it never stopped him. But in 2011 he found out the guy whos truck he was mauled by and granted him pardon for what happened. Who knew the big guy had a heart of gold?
6. Rich Franklin or Ace has a degree in mathematics and also education. Before becoming a UFC fighter, he was a mathematics teacher.
7. Most of the fighters that you know of that are part of UFC are not just people who wanted to fight, but most of them are well-educated, professional people who have pursued MMA fighting as a hobby, then a career. Thus showing that MMA is not the sport that only people who have a history of fights and only fights can pursue, but that man people pursue it because it teaches them many valuable lessons and brings discipline in their personality that helps them grow further.
8. UFC 14 was the fight when the new tradition of wearing gloves was introduced by the boxer Melton Bowen who wore them in the octagon for the fight and is remembered since 1994.
Now that you know all these interesting facts I am sure you would like to give it a try and learn a bit more about it. And how it can change your life. You can always visit the Martial Arts Norwich center and try for yourself and let us know how you like it.